Seville St. Augustine Grass Plugs
Seville has a beautiful rich, dark-green color and a shorter, narrower leaf blade that give it a distinctive plush appearance. This semi-dwarf variety has excellent horizontal compact growth, which requires less mowing than other sod types. Seville also has superior cold tolerance, which means less hassle in the winter months and better color retention, with quicker recovery. Along with surviving the cold with less worry of damage, Seville is very tolerant to shade, but still manages to thrive in areas with a lot of sunshine. Seville will bring your lawn years of color!
- Minimum 4-hour-6-hours of sunlight per day for best results
- Easy to install for repair or improvement of your existing lawn, SodPods are also used for planting new lawns
- St. Augustine is a broad bladed, medium green colored grass
- St. Augustine Seville is shade, drought and salt tolerant
- Natural and shipped fresh from the farm, each pod has been carefully nurtured to have a fully developed root system, just like your lawn
- Established roots mean less water and maximum success
- Endless possibilities – SodPods are perfectly rooted for creating something new
- Great for the environment, SodPods generate oxygen and provide a safe play area for your loved ones
- SodPods comes from a family owned and operated farm
1 tray covers 50 sq. ft.
10 trays cover 500 sq.ft.
20 trays cover 1000 sq.ft.
Plugs should be between 6 - 12 inches apart and take 3 - 4 months under ideal conditions for full coverage to be attained.
Each tray contains 16 plugs.
Due to lengthy delivery times and restrictions we do not deliver plugs to California, Oregon, Washington, Or Nevada.
Shipment of plugs is cut off by Wednesday during the week unless in Florida.
St. Augustine varieties love the Sun! They thrive with a lot of light. Seville is the variety that performs the best in shade.
St. Augustine thrives with a medium height, no less than 3”.
Water thoroughly immediately after planting. Keeping the soil moist is the key to Sod Pod success, we recommend at least 6” to 8” deep. Continue watering every day for 10-20 days until the pods are rooted. Once runners appear, decrease watering to one inch, twice per week. Adjust watering with rainfall amount.
Fungicide: Apply if needed. You may benefit from it if the St. Augustine is in the shade or has had trouble with disease in the past. First application should be 24 - 48 hours after first watering.
Insecticide: Apply if needed, follow label directions. Treat with broad spectrum insecticide if needed.
Preemergent Herbicide: Stop weeds from popping up by applying a preemergent herbicide. Follow label directions and wear proper protection equipment. Create a consistent blanket application.
Fertilize: Give your Sod Pods a boost with fertilizer, follow label directions.