Ornamec over the top grass herbicideRecommendations
Post-emergence control of grass weeds in and around ground covers, shrubs and trees in landscape beds, container yards and grower nursery fields.
Ornamec Over-The-Top Grass Herbicide provides outstanding postemergence control of unwanted grasses in groundcovers, shrubs and trees. And the majority of the nearly 500 species and varieties of plants on the label may be treated with Ornamec applied over-the-top*. Some species or varieties of ornamentals require that Ornamec be applied as a directed spray in order to minimize phytotoxicity.
Where can Ornamec be used? Examples include: Evergreen and wild flower beds to remove unsightly grass. Ground covers to maintain immaculate appearance. Nurseries to remove grass in the field-grown woody ornamentals.
Ornamec takes out unwanted bermudagrass without injury to desirable tall fescue and zoysia turf.
There are over 30 grass weed species listed on the label. Youll find many common types of unwanted annual grasses: crabgrass, barnyardgrass, goose grass, foxtail, sandbur, panicum. Also, few herbicides are as effective as Ornamec against hard-to-control perennial grasses. Quack grass, bermudagrass and torpedo grass are examples. Another is johnsongrass which is controlled in both rhizome and seedling stages.
Does not control broadleaf weeds, rushes and sedges.
*See label directions for species not to be sprayed over-the-top.
- Selectively controls emerged annual grasses panicum, goosegrass, crabgrass, foxtail, sandbur and barnyardgrass
- Also controls perennial grasses such as bermuda grass, quackgrass, torpedograss and johnsongrass
- "Over-the-top" applications on most ornamentals - shrubs, ground covers, trees, flowers and wildflowers listed on the label
- May be used on and around newly-emerging ornamentals as well as transplants
- Treated grass ceases growth in as little as 48 hours
- Grass death in 1 to 3 weeks
- Rain-fast 1 hour after application
- Selective removal of bermudagrass from zoysia and tall fescue turf