Molt-X Botanical Insecticide/Nematicide
Molt-X is an emulsifiable concentrate formulation containing 3% of the active ingredient azadirachtin--the most potent of the insect-active compounds from the neem tree. While it is derived from neem seed, Molt-X is not a neem oil. Molt-X has multiple modes of action, making it an ideal material for an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
Molt-X works primarily as an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) that disrupts the molting process in insects. Insects treated with Molt-X become sluggish, stop feeding, and fail to mature and reproduce. Molt-X also acts as an insect repellent, antifeedant, and ovipositional deterrent; these multiple modes of action make it a highly effective tool for use in a resistance management program.
Molt-X should be applied early in the pest cycle to prevent the rapid build-up of pest populations. Apply Molt-X when pests are first observed or when conditions are favorable for pest build-up. Like all BioWorks products, Molt-X is safe for plants, workers, and the environment.
- Provides broad-spectrum control of pests such as aphids, whiteflies, thrips, and more
- Leaves no residue on plant foliage, fruits, vegetables or flowers
- 4-hour REI and a zero-day pre-harvest interval mean little interruption
- OMRI Listed
- Compatible for tank mixing/rotation with other registered inputs
- Compatible with most commonly used insecticides, fungicides, and fertilizers
- No phytotoxicity issues on most plants
- Generally safe on beneficial insects
Rate of use: 8-10 oz./acre; use 15 oz./acre for nematode control, and rate may be increased to 22.5 oz./acre for high pest pressure or dense plant canopies.