Centipede Grass Plugs
Centipede is a fine bladed, warm season grass. Centipede shows a medium to light green color. Slow vertical growth requires less mowing and very little fertilization.
- Requires a minimum of 6-hour-8-hours of sunlight per day
- Easy to install for repair or improvement of your existing lawn, SodPods are also used for planting new lawns
- Centipede is a warm season grass with a medium to light green color
- Slow vertical growth requires less mowing and very little fertilization
- Natural and shipped fresh from the farm, each pod has been carefully nurtured to have a fully developed root system, just like your lawn
- Established roots mean less water and maximum success
- Endless possibilities – SodPods are perfectly rooted for creating something new
- Great for the environment, SodPods generate oxygen and provide a safe play area for your loved ones
- SodPods comes from a family owned and operated farm
1 tray covers 50 sq. ft.
10 trays cover 500 sq.ft.
20 trays cover 1000 sq.ft.
Each tray contains 16 plugs.
Plugs should be between 6 - 12 inches apart and take 3 - 4 months under ideal conditions for full coverage to be attained.
Due to lengthy delivery times and restrictions, we do not deliver plugs to California, Oregon, Washington, or Nevada.
Shipment of plugs is cut off by Wednesday during the week unless in Florida.
Centipede can tolerate some shade but does best with 6 hours of sunlight.
Mow Centipede at 2-3 inches.
Water thoroughly immediately after planting. Keeping the soil moist is the key to Sod Pod success, we recommend at least 6" to 8" deep. Continue watering every day for 10-20 days until the pods are rooted. Once runners appear, decrease watering to one inch, twice per week. Adjust watering with rainfall amount.
Centipede is a low maintenance grass in comparison to other varieties. Apply as needed with your discretion.
Fungicide: Apply if needed. You may benefit from it if the Centipede is in the shade or has had trouble with disease in the past. First application should be 24 - 48 hours after first watering.
Insecticide: Apply if needed, follow label directions. Treat with broad spectrum insecticide if needed.
Preemergent Herbicide: Stop weeds from popping up by applying a preemergent herbicide. Follow label directions and wear proper protection equipment. Create a consistent blanket application.
Fertilize: Give your Sod Pods a boost with fertilizer, follow label directions.