Use a high phosphorous fertilizer and apply at 200 to 300 lbs./acre
An ultimate “Do it All” mix for deer & turkey food plots. The best and most versatile wildlife mix in the food plot industry. Tecomate’s own premium clovers and chicory provide fall attraction for hunting plots and year-round nutrition for bigger & healthier deer. Monster Mix provides high-protein forage in late winter and early spring which is essential for antler development and continues production throughout spring and summer. Unmatched for year-round nutrition and attraction for whitetail deer. It is also the best choice to attract and hold turkeys. Tecomate® Monster Mix withstands heavy grazing and is suitable nationwide.
CLOVER AND CHICORY OUTPERFORM TRADITIONAL CLOVER FIELDS.
MONSTER MIX® is a proprietary mixture of White Clover, Red Clover and Chicory that is as good for attraction as it is for nutrition. With its unparalleled highly digestible protein, white clover has long been a part of trophy whitetail management throughout the Midwest, Northeast and Southeast. However, the addition of Chicory boosts the overall production and growing season as well as providing plant diversity. Monster Mix withstands heavy browsing pressure, while providing antler-building protein levels over 30% and even higher levels of beneficial phosphorous. In addition, Chicory provides tannins that benefit the rumen of deer and elk. Monster Mix last for 3-5 years and grows through most of the year. Best of all, Tecomate Monster Mix includes Yellow Jacket seed coating containing moisture retaining Zeba. This unique and proprietary technology has been scientifically proven to provide a quicker, healthier food plot. Monster Mix is regionally formulated and is ideal for zones 1, 2, & 3.
- Protein content: 22% to 28%
- Production for 3 to 5 years
- Great for attracting & holding turkeys
- Best on fertile, moist sites
- The perfect all around food plot mixture
- Attracts and grows more and bigger bucks
- The only food plot many will ever need
- Unmatched for year-round nutrition and attraction
- Great for fall hunting plots
- Extremely high protein and other essential nutrients
- Withstands the heaviest grazing pressure
MONSTER MIX® PLANTING SUGGESTIONS
- Plant in a sunny location that has been disked to a clean, level and firm seedbed.
- Tecomate recommends liming if the pH is below 6.5 and fertilizing with a phosphorous heavy fertilizer at the rate of 200 to 300 pounds per acre. Monster Mix is pre-inoculated and coated with Yellow Jacket for fast germination.
- No-till drill, cultivate and broadcast or cultivate and drill seed. Plant at a rate of 8 pounds per acre. When broadcasting, cover seed by lightly dragging or cultipacking. Avoid planting too deep, disking is NOT recommended. Plant 1/8 to ¼ inch deep in good moisture. Frost seeding is acceptable in colder climates.
- Use grass selective herbicide or mow to about 6 inches high in spring/early summer. Re-fertilize at recommended rates from routine soil samples. Overseed to refresh plot.
FOOD PLOT SEED CONTENTS:
King Ladino White Clover, Rackup Red Clover, Champion Chicory