Tecomate Upland Game Bird Mix Seed
Argentine sunflowers, millet and hybrid milo.
UPLAND GAME BIRD MIX, our first venture away from deer management, feeds dove, quail and pheasants like nothing else on the commercial market. Originally produced for our own enjoyment and the time honored tradition of having the best Labor Day dove hunt. Upland Game Bird has become a mainstay across the country. Birds love and need seed producing plants. Our wildlife biologist and agronomist developed a mixture containing Hybrid Sunflower from Argentina, Millet from the Western US and Hybrid White Grain Milo from Texas. The Sunflowers and Milo bring in migratory white wing and morning dove while quail thrive on our grain producing millets and milo. Pheasant also make their home in our low tannin milo and sunflower. The combination of the three crops growing together provides more cover and variety than any single monoculture could ever deliver. Upland Game Bird provides nutrition, attraction and habitat for all classes of North American game birds. This mixture works throughout the country in all zones, East and West.
UPLAND GAMEBIRD MIX
• Modeled after highly successful Argentina bird hunting grounds
• Holds dove, quail and pheasant
• Abundant seed production
• Fast growing
• Grows nationally
Upland Gamebird Mix Planting Suggestions
1) Plant in a sunny location that has been disked to a clean, level and firm seedbed.
2) Tecomate recommends liming if the pH is below 5.8 and fertilizing with a phosphorous heavy fertilizer at the rate of 200 to 300 pounds per acre.
3) No-till drill, cultivate and broadcast or cultivate and drill seed. Plant at a rate of 20 pounds per acre. When broadcasting, cover seed by dragging, cultipacking or lightly disking. Plant ½ inch deep in good moisture.
Seed Content: Hybrid Argentine Sunflower, Hybrid White Grain Milo, Millet
Planting Time: All Zones: Spring
Seeding Rate: 20 lbs./acre
Planting Depth: ½ inch
Fertilizer: Use a balanced fertilizer such as 13-13-13 or similar and apply at 250 lbs./acre
20 LBS PLANTS 1 ACRE • ORDER # 1300
by Tecomate Wildlife Systems