Honor Intrinsic Brand Fungicide
What is Intrinsic?
Intrinsic is the umbrella brand for all products (current and future) that are labeled for disease control and plant health. The first initiative under the Intrinsic brand is based on the active ingredient pyraclostrobin. In the future, the Intrinsic brand of products will expand to include formulation enhancers and formulation technology.
- Ultimate greens product--effective on target diseases
- Excellent activity on dollar spot and root diseases
- Can be used on fairways to deliver 21- to 28-day control of most diseases
- Two modes of action
- Does not contain a DMI, making it ideal for the summer application period
- No need for a tank mix--one product
- Provides healthier and higher quality turf, especially during stressful periods
- BASF is the first company to have fungicides in the turfgrass market with plant health benefits on the label
What is Plant Health?
Intrinsic brand fungicides, Lexicon Intrinsic brand fungicide, Insignia SC Intrinsic brand fungicide, Honor Intrinsic brand fungicide, Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide and Pageant Intrinsic brand fungicide improve plant health, not just through superior, broad-spectrum control of fungal diseases, but also through improved tolerance to stress and increased efficiency of plant processes. This enables plants to better withstand disease and a multitude of environmental stresses, resulting in improved turf and plant quality.
Intrinsic brand fungicides improve plant health through inhibition of mitochondrial respiration in both fungal diseases and plants. In fungi, inhibition of mitochondrial respiration prevents the breakdown of carbon required for production of energy to fuel fungal growth. This results in death of the fungi and is the disease control benefit.
In plants, the inhibition of mitochondrial respiration causes a cascade of positive events that can result in improved tolerance to stresses and increased efficiency of plant physiological processes. Inhibition of mitochondrial respiration by pyraclostrobin results in:
- Less CO2 lost by the plant, resulting in more carbon available for plant growth.
- Increased activity of nitrate reductase (NR), the enzyme that is important for making a form of nitrogen that can be used by plants. This results in more nitrogen available for plant growth.
- The activation of nitrate reductase increases levels of nitric oxide. Nitric oxide triggers plant defense mechanisms. Plant defense mechanisms are important not only in defending against fungal diseases, but also bacterial and viral diseases.
- Nitric oxide inhibits enzymes involved in the production of ethylene, a plant hormone produced in response to stress. Ethylene can cause a plant to drop energy-containing leaves, to mature earlier than normal, and to abort flowers and seed in response to stress.
- Increased activity of enzymes like superoxide dismutase and peroxidases that remove harmful activated oxygen species. This can result in reduced oxidative stress in response to environmental disorders, such as physiological leaf spot, ozone damage, cold stress, and heat stress.
Rate of use: 0.55-1.1 oz./1000 sq. ft.
Active ingredient: 16.8% Pyraclostrobin