5 Lbs. Plants 10,000 - 20,000 Sq.ft.
TifBlair ( Certifed ) Centipede Grass Seed can be planted anytime a new lawn can be prepared. However late summer planting (August 15 – November 1) is not advised due to inadequate time for it to establish before winter. For best results plant in March or April, but quicker germination will occur May–July. TifBlair can be planted in the fall of the year after the soil temperatures are cold enough to prevent germination (typically after November 1). TifBlair seed will not germinate until the soil warms the following spring
To determine the amount of seed to purchase, multiply the length of the your lawn in feet by the width in feet to determine the square feet (sq. ft.). Subtract area for sidewalks, driveways, and other areas that will not be planted. Plant TifBlair at a rate of ½ pound per 1,000 sq. ft. Higher seeding rates (up to 1lb. per 1000 sq.ft.) will produce a quicker grow-in and produce a more dense turf in a shorter amount of time. Using higher rates of seed is more cost-effective than trying to save money on “light” seeding rates, because more watering and weed control will be necessary with “light” rates.
Establishing a beautiful and attractive lawn consists of six easy steps.
1. Remove loose debris, such as sticks, stones, and trash. Till and loosen the soil to create a crumbly seedbed. Work in a 5-10-15 fertilizer at a rate of 10 pounds per 1,000 sq. ft. Centipede thrives in acidic soil.
2. To prepare seedbed, rake thoroughly and smooth the surface to provide a crumbly top layer that is ideal for sowing.
3. Sow the seed according to your spreader’s recommended rate. Divide seed into two equal portions. Sow in one direction east to west, then use second portion and sow north to south to insure uniform coverage.
4. Work seed into soil ¼ to ½ inch with the flexing rake. Roll yard smooth. Use straw as a light mulch in areas of erosion concern. Mulch should be used lightly so that it does not shade young seedlings.
5. Most Important Step: Water thoroughly and frequently, but avoid creating puddles. Soil should be kept moist up to ½ inch deep until emergence of the seedlings. After seedling emergence water less frequently. Water only as needed after stand is established.
6. Mow frequently to control weeds once seedlings are established, taking care to never remove than 1/3 of the plant.
Micro Clover Seed Naturally green Low Maintenance Very healthy lawn ...
OUT OF STOCK FOR A NEW AND IMPROVED VARIETY CLICK HERE Blackjack Bermuda Grass Seed Plant...
Double Eagle Coated with Advanta Technology - Help seeds retain water for better germination. Seeding...
Centipede Grass Seed 100% Raw Seed Rate 1 Lb. per 2000 Sq.ft. Centipedegrass (Eremochloa ophiuroides) is...