Arden 15 Bermuda is replacing Princess 77 Bermuda.
Arden 15 Bermuda is a great quality Bermuda turfgrass with excellent color and superior early spring green-up. This hybrid Bermuda grass provides a more uniform turf compared to other seeded cultivars.
The Arden 15 Bermuda Grass variety creates a rapid growing, excellent quality grass that grows great in the southern US.
- Better cold tolerance than Princess 77 Bermuda
- Excellent quality, cover, density, and color
- Great wear tolerance
- Faster grow-in versus Princess 77 Bermuda
- Rapid growth and early spring green-up
Growing Zones: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Coated or Raw: Coated
- Fertilizer: 16-04-08 Slow Release - 250 lbs. per acre
- Ideal pH: 5.5 - 7.0
- Life Cycle: Perennial
- Overseeding Rate: 1 lb. per 1,000 sq.ft.
- Seeding Depth: 1/8 - 1/4 inch
- Seeding Rate: 2 lbs. per 1,000 sq.ft
- When to plant: Spring & Summer
For new turf applications, apply 1 - 2 lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. Arden 15 Bermuda should be planted when soil temperatures are consistently above 65 degrees F. For best results, take a soil sample and follow fertility recommendations prior to planting. Care must be taken not to cover the seed with too much soil; no more than 1/4 in. covering over the seed is advised. After seeding, soil moisture in the root zone must be maintained for about 1 to 2 weeks. Germination may begin within 7 to 10 days. After the new turf is established, less frequent, deep watering is desirable.
Recommended mowing height is 3/16 to 1 in. with no more than 1/3 of the leaf blade removed per mowing. Full coverage may be attained with proper management in 4 to 6 weeks. This is a dense hybrid. Winter overseeding may be completed for year-round green color, but is generally not recommended on turf less than 6 months old.